Being charged with any crime can be a life-changing experience. Whether the charge is a misdemeanor or a felony or whether the charges are brought in South Carolina State (General Sessions Court) or South Carolina District Court (federal court), at Sarji Law Firm, you will find the strong advocate you need by your side during this time of crisis.
I worked for several years as an assistant Public Defender in Charleston County where I honed my trial skills. I also attended the Criminal Trial Advocacy College which was an intensive 2-week long seminar for further development of my trial skills. Since my career as a lawyer began in 1998, I have worked zealously to defend those accused of a crime in South Carolina.
I will fight for you in South Carolina federal or state court. Whether the charges are:
- State misdemeanor charges. A misdemeanor carries a penalty of up to one year in jail. Other possible punishments include fines, restitution, community service, mandatory counseling, or loss of a privilege.
- State felony charges. Depending on the severity of the charges, you could be facing an incredible amount of prison time – with some charges having minimum mandatory sentences. Penalties in state court can range from a fine or community service up to life in prison. If certain circumstances exist relevant to a charge of murder, South Carolina does allow the imposition of the death penalty.
- Federal criminal charges. Federal charges often carry greater penalties than state charges and may carry penalties up to life in prison.
- Juvenile Delinquency. Juveniles are treated differently and face different penalties than those charged in adult court.
- Appeals. Generally, the final order of any court can be appealed to a higher court. Appellate law is complex and has its own set of procedural and substantive rules.
Contact me at Sarji Law Firm. I am admitted to practice in all South Carolina State Courts, the Federal District Court for the District of South Carolina, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit. I have the experience you need and want, to vigorously protect your constitutional rights and fight for you.
I know how to negotiate for lesser charges or penalties when negotiation is required. I am also a seasoned trial attorney and will fight for you if we must proceed to trial. I take clients in Charleston, Berkeley, and Dorchester Counties, and others throughout South Carolina.